International House of Dan: Dan Is Sworn In And Saves The ICC

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Dan Is Sworn In And Saves The ICC

Has it been 9 days? Oh my... There is much going on in the world, notably the election of a new Pope, Benedict XVI (which incidentally cost me $5, I was foolish to believe they'd elect Cardinal Arinze), and the ongoing Bolton saga, unfortunately there is also much going on in my world, hence my absence from here.

As the first part of the title of this post suggests, I was (finally) sworn in to the Missouri Bar on Friday afternoon by Associate Circuit Judge Gary D. Witt. In attendance at the Platte County Court were my parents and some close friends. The event was quick but pleasant, and I thank those there for their support in this seemingly never ending process of getting me a law license. (I didn't get around to taking the bar exam until a year after graduating law school, and then I was out of town for the election and couldn't follow up on my application).

As the second part of the title suggests (perhaps a bit prematurely), I have decided to take it upon myself to get the U.S. to ratify the Rome Statute. I have contacted John Washburn at the American Coalition for the ICC, and I will be working with some good people at Amnesty International USA to head up an effort to spread ICC awareness while squeezing some pressure for ratification out of local organizations. I have no time as it is, but I felt I needed to return to the international law arena... wish me luck.

I have to go back to work now, carry on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home