International House of Dan: My, How Time Flies...

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

My, How Time Flies...

Has it really been almost 3 months? In a rare departure from my rule about personal news, I feel an explanation is owed for my prolonged absence.

Work at the Local became impossibly frenetic for about a month, until I resigned my position in mid-February after thirteen months of slowly becoming increasingly displeased. Then came the, brief, but time-consuming job hunt, and I was rehired by the Union (state council, not the Local) as a "political consultant" to work on a county-wide campaign after about a week of reckless spending and relaxation. Then some "West Wing" style Chicago political drama took place, and I was reassigned to another county-wide campaign.

Today is the primary, and I hope to be able to return to my neglected little blog, if not during the upcoming job hunt, then shortly after its conclusion. I have a few prospects in line, but I need to figure out what I want to do next before and carefully weigh my options before I invest myself in something... (some of you must be wondering how I have time to write on Election Day, well... my candidate's basically going to win by a lot, so there's not much for us to do).

Next Sunday I must travel to Goshen, IN to participate in a panel discussion about the ICC. I plan to explore and share my musings on the latest developments at The Hague in the time between now and then.

2 Comments:

Blogger maire said...

hey there stranger!

glad to see you're back in action per se. hope you're well and best of luck in these new developments!!

---maire aka your sassy library gal

22 March, 2006 09:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see you are still alive.

Jeremy

22 March, 2006 12:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home