International House of Dan: Absolute Corruption

Monday, July 02, 2007

Absolute Corruption

President Bush has decided to commute Scooter Libby's sentence, only hours after a Federal Appeals Court ruled that Mr. Libby could not remain free on bond pending his appeal.

My outrage, confusion, and concern will be elaborated upon at a later time, but for right now I just wanted to note that my distrust of this administration is such that I would not be surprised to learn that leaking the commutation of Libby's sentence was a move designed to cause enough outrage to make a pardon seem like the more principled move.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

at this point, sadly, nothing would surprise me...
My personal theory is he that commuted the sentence in order to create a distraction in that he is preparing to do something even more sinister, and hopes we won't immediately catch wind of it...

02 July, 2007 18:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home